Mehrad Hosseini (m)
Working days: Monday (clinic), Tuesday (remote session), Wednesday (clinic) & Thursday (remote session).
Special interests: Mental health, hypertension.
Mehrad is an excellent support to both the clinical and administration teams at the practice and holds regular clinics to see patients.
The Clinical Pharmacist role includes the following:
- Prescribes medication
- Depression reviews
- Medication reviews
- Rheumatoid arthritis annual reviews
- DMARD annual reviews
- Contraceptive pill reviews
- HRT reviews
- Medicines optimisation
- Medication changes
- Medication alternatives
- Hypertension treatment optimisation
- Medication reconciliation following patient discharges from hospital
- Deals with clinical correspondence relating to medication
- Reporting on and actioning medication alerts
Patients may be signposted to see our Clinical Pharmacist instead of a GP where appropriate.