IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERVICE
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY
IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE PRACTICE YOU MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING
PATIENTS NOT WEARING A FACE COVERING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY TO THE PRACTICE.
Covid Vaccine Information- We are currently following the government guidance for invitations of the Covid vaccine. These appointments are currently taking place at Entrance 44 of the Wolves Stadium. You cannot have a vaccine if you have had/have the following:
- You are currently unwell
- Had a vaccination in the last 7 days
- Had Covid 19 in the last 28 days
- Have a severe allergy that requires an adrenaline autoinjector such as an EpiPen
Further information is on the Government website Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI, 30 December 2020 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We would like to reassure all our patients that we are continuing to work with NHS England, the CCG and Public Health to make sure that what we are doing is always in the best interest of our patients and our staff.
- The surgery is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6:30pm. If you have an urgent problem during these times please ring the surgery. At all other times ring NHS 111.
- Requests via e-Consult for non-urgent problems can be made between 8am – 6:30pm, Monday to Friday. The practice will respond within 2 working days
- Due to COVID we are operating differently. We have a telephone triage system in place (this also applies to other services such as appointments booked at the extended access and OOhrs service) whereby the GP will review your problem by telephone and will then, depending on your needs
If you need to order a repeat prescription please use the App on your smart phone, order via the website or drop a request through the door.Please only attend the surgery if we ask you to. It’s important that you arrive at the time we ask you to attend and don’t forget to wear a face covering or mask.In line with social distancing rules the surgery must limit the number of patients in the waiting room. If you have any cough, temperature, or loss of taste or smell however mild, please stay at home and DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY.
- offer you advice on the call
- offer to extend the call to a video call
- ask to see you in person (face to face) or
- navigate you to other services
VISIT THE FOLLOWING PAGE TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE CORONA VIRUS SYMPTOMS: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
We would like to thank all our patients for their co-operation and understanding
If you require a Covid 19 test please telephone 119 or access https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
OTHER COVID IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Click here for information on how you can protect yourself and the local community
Click here for information on self-isolation and why it is important
Click here for information on social distancing
Click here if you need a sick/fit note to cover you for a self-isolation period
General Practice Transparency Notice for GPES Data for Pandemic Planning and Research (COVID-19)-
This practice is supporting vital coronavirus (COVID-19) planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital.
The health and social care system is facing significant pressures due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Health and care information is essential to deliver care to individuals, to support health, social care and other public services and to protect public health. Information will also be vital in researching, monitoring, tracking and managing the coronavirus outbreak. In the current emergency it has become even more important to share health and care information across relevant organisations. This practice is supporting vital coronavirus planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital, the national safe haven for health and social care data in England.
Click Here for further information- https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/gpes-data-for-pandemic-planning-and-research/general-practice-transparency-notice?_cldee=anVsaWFucG91bHRvbkBuaHMubmV0&recipientid=lead-1b54b585bc8eea11a812000d3a86b23d-f67773fd8486410d88814d796afb7d70&esid=749e6d8a-cc8e-ea11-a811-002248007f84
PLEASE NOTE THAT E-CONSULT DOES NOT DEAL WITH EMERGENCY CARE AND WILL NOT BE DEALT WITH BETWEEN 6.30PM AND 8AM OR AT A WEEKEND- IF YOU REQUIRE EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE CONTACT 111 SERVICE OR DIAL 999.
Welcome to Guardian Medical Centre
Guardian Medical Centre is home to an NHS general practice providing a comprehensive range of medical services within friendly, comfortable and modern purpose-built premises.
The building was built by the practice in 1995 and houses not only the GPs but also a wide range of community services.
This website has been designed to introduce you to our practice. Please read it carefully, it informs you about the services provided and how to use them.
Our car park is run by Smart Parking and enables all visitors to the practice and Rowlands Pharmacy to park for free between the hours of 8am-6.30pm.
All visitors will be required to register their car registration plate at reception using the I-pad facility. This is also available at the pharmacy.
There is ample parking and the building offers easy access and facilities for the disabled and mothers with babies.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How we use your information:
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent *
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who our partner organisations are and how your data us used please see our privacy notice or ask at reception
* Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statuary function.
URGENT dental service in Cheshire and Merseyside, how it Works:
Urgent dental care for patients in Cheshire and Merseyside is accessed via the Dental Helpline on 0161 476 9651 from 9am to 9.30pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
The service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call, you’ll be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure your problem comes under either:
- Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as trauma
- Swelling of the face
- Bleeding - uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
- Pain that can’t be controlled by pain relief medicines
If you’re given an appointment and your problem doesn’t fit any of the above, you’ll still have to pay the NHS fee but may receive advice and not treatment. Clinic times vary, and at busy times or when your local clinic’s not available you may be offered an appointment at an alternative location.
CARE QUALITY COMMISSION
Guardian Medical Centre was inspected by the Care Quality Commission in March 2016 and received an overall rating of Good. To view the full report please visit the following website www.cqc.org.uk and search for Guardian Medical Centre or click on our policies tab at the top of the page and click on CQC.
WHO IS MY ALLOCATED GP?
Whilst all of our patients are welcome to see any of our GP's in the practice, we have allocated a GP to every patient in the practice (including children) as part of the government's plans to give every patient in the country a named GP, responsible for co-ordinating all of the services we provide through our contract. If you would like to know who your named GP is please contact reception, if you feel that you wish to change your allocated GP, we will endeavour to accommodate your request at reception.
(Site updated 20/01/2021)