The proper role of the GP is the care of patients who are, or believe themselves to be, ill. As a result, certain services are not included on the NHS, such as private certificates for employers, medical examinations for job applications, fitness to drive (HGV/PSV), etc. When you hand requests to us, please check if a fee will be charged.
The following are services for which an appropriate charge will be made
- Housing certificates
- Private medical certificates
- Holiday cancellation certificates
- BUPA/PPA etc claim forms / letters
- Medical examinations, eg HGV/PSV licences, taxi drivers, elderly drivers, sporting activities, eg sub aqua, reports for third parties, eg employers, insurance companies
- Statement of facts, eg passport applications etc.
A list of standard charges is displayed in the Practice.
When requesting access to medical records can you please be aware that we require this in writing. We have a duty of care to ensure that we are giving the correct records to the correct patient. We will also need at least 7 days notice.
Please note terms: Cash/Cheque on completion please.