Welcome to Guardian Medical Centre
Guardian Medical Centre is home to an NHS general practice providing a comprehensive range of medical services within friendly, comfortable and modern purpose-built premises.
The building was built by the practice in 1995 and houses not only the GPs but also a wide range of community services, plus a full-size operating theatre and recovery suite.
There is ample parking and the building offers easy access and facilities for the disabled and mothers with babies.
This website has been designed to introduce you to our practice. Please read it carefully, it informs you about the services provided and how to use them.
ote the surgery is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Please seek the information below for services that may help you over the Christmas period.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How we use your information:
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent *
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who our partner organisations are and how your data us used please see our privacy notice or ask at reception
* Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statuary function.
When the practice is closed
Please find some links below to guide you on any help you require when the practice is closed.
Emergency dental treatment:
Self care at home:
General healthcare advice and information:
CARE QUALITY COMMISSION
Guardian Medical Centre was inspected by the Care Quality Commission in March 2016 and received an overall rating of Good. To view the full report please visit the following website www.cqc.org.uk and search for Guardian Medical Centre or click on our policies tab at the top of the page and click on CQC.
WHO IS MY ALLOCATED GP?
Whilst all of our patients are welcome to see any of our GP's in the practice, we have allocated a GP to every patient in the practice (including children) as part of the government's plans to give every patient in the country a named GP, responsible for co-ordinating all of the services we provide through our contract. If you would like to know who your named GP is please contact reception, if you feel that you wish to change your allocated GP, we will endeavour to accommodate your request at reception.
(Site updated 31/07/2018)